As we have said before, it’s all about value. Are you creating excellent value within your organisation? Is there trust on all levels? Is everyone participating? There are so many categories of internal audits that we can assist you with, from In House Human Capital to Risk Mitigation, from Policy and procedure reviews through to Fraud investigations.
As your strategic partner, we want to deliver success to you based on the unique style of business you engage. We listen to you, we learn about who you are and the business you do, and we provide tailor made solutions and reports based exclusively to match your business goals and desires.
We believe that the successful delivery of Internal Audit services involving corporate, home office, regional offices and field based operational business units are based on the trust and participation of the auditee’s. Trust and participation is achieved from the credibility of the audit professionals.
Wolverine.consulting’s credibility is based on our extensive track record in delivering consulting, audit, assurance, and advisory services to the Energy and Resource sectors. Wolverine.consulting professionals’ have a unique combination of business, functional, and technical skills. We know the Energy and Resource sectors, we know the theoretical, as well as, the practical application (line issues) faced by the business units, our professionals have actual operational and field experience, and we know how to “talk the talk” with auditee’s.
We take the time required to understand the business, your needs and objectives, and your people. We blend these factors and attributes with the environment in which you operate. Seamless integration of business facts with experience allows us to identify major risks and opportunities across all business units.
The delivery of our Internal Audit Services can be undertaken utilising your existing methodologies or tailored to meet the needs of a specific engagement.
Examples of Internal Audit Categories, which we can assist with are:
- Financial audits
- Operational and field based (in country) audits
- Performance audits
- Cost allocation audits
- Control Risk Self-Assessments
- Business Process Redesign
- Organisational and Project Risk Management
- Human Resource Reviews and Investigations
- Policy and procedure reviews (including Joint Venture Operating Agreements)
- All aspects of Joint Ventures, including Joint Venture management & reporting
- Protective Audits (an internally conducted Joint Venture audit of your operated areas, which is performed, (only for your benefit), prior to the actual Joint Venture audit to be conducted by the Non-Operators)
A selection of Internal Audit reviews undertaken include:
- Provision of a range of outsourced internal audit services (including preparation of annual audit plan, delivery of internal audit services, special investigations and reporting to audit committee/boards)
- Risk management (applying framework, conducting workshops, issuing questionnaires, risk identification and risk mitigation)
- Control Risk Self-Assessment implementation projects
- Review of joint venture accounting
- Country exits
- Bid/tender evaluations
- Participation in the drafting/review of the Joint Venture Operating Agreements
- Review of capital planning & budgeting, including reserves and capital assumptions provided by 3rd party reserve specialists
- Review of home office and regional field office shared cost pools & allocations
- Materials management review
- Review of project job costing
- Travel policy and procedures manual including the function of the travel coordinator
- Review of Accounts Payable
- Review of Authority For Expenditure (AFE) systems and process
- Joint venture accounting and cash call review
- Review of AFE management reporting
- Review of employee complaint
- Review of capital cost recovery
- Inventory management review
- Special investigations
- Business process redesign
- Review of charge out rate methodology
- Assisting with the transition of Operatorship
- Review of hydrocarbon production and reporting (multiple permit production
- Volumes, comingled production volume storage, comingled lifting volumes, and multiple permit governmental/participant royalty filings and statistics)
- Review of personnel services group review
- Review of contract services and purchasing
- Risk review of the implementation of a new human resources management information system
- Review of projects and project management systems
- Financial management practices review
- Acted as Probity Auditor
- External fraud investigation of contract service provider
- Review allegations of bullying in the workplace
- Review of corporate credit cards
If there is a single part of your business that keeps you up at night, contact us here and we will help.